Please find attached the letter of the bishop to the people of the Diocese of Little Rock in which he lifts the suspension of the Sunday Mass obligation, effective October 1, 2020. ... READ MORE THE LETTER OF THE BISHOP BY CLICKING HERE
Mass Check-list amid COVID-19 restrictions
• Priest wears mask until just before Mass starts. Only he has mask off during Mass.
• Priests does not greet people before Mass.
• People sanitize hands upon entering Church.
• No one admitted above age 10 who does not have a mask on.
• No holy water in the holy water fonts.
• Ushers prop open the doors or hold them open so people do not touch them.
• Ushers direct people to seats, redirect people when 25% occupancy reached 6’ apart.
• Disinfectant wipes in pews, people wipe their area down before and after Mass.
• Simple entry of priest, no altar servers.
• Only a cantor and congregational music if there is music, no choir.
• Priest uses the Roman Missal without the ... READ MORE
To the people of the Diocese of Little Rock
Today Governor Hutchinson issued guidance regarding the resumption of public worship on a limited basis in Arkansas. While this is welcome news, the Mass brings with it special challenges regarding the distribution of the Eucharist, which requires direct contact with the recipients. In order to benefit from this partial reopening of public worship, I authorize the resumption of the public celebration of the Mass starting the weekend of May 16-17, or earlier if your parish is ready.
• Parishes must post signage reminding people to stay home if they do not feel well or have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
• Most people will still not be able to be able to attend Mass under the following conditions, so my dispensation of everyo
General Principles (May 4, 2020)
The centrality of the Eucharist for Catholics. The Eucharist is “the source and summit of the Christian life” and so we must make every effort to make it as available as possible within the constraints forced upon us by the COVID-19 pandemic. The last 40 days in this Eucharistic desert has been a very difficult time of deprivation for us that has served to intensify our longing for and appreciation of this great gift that we so often take for granted. Though the following restrictions are somewhat burdensome, we thank God for the opportunity to gather once again, even on a limited basis, to receive the sacred body and blood of Jesus, our Savior. Principle of Subsidiarity: Decisions should be made at the lowest level; those most directly on the scene are in the best position to assess the most effective way to proceed. The application of basic principles provided by the ... READ MORE
Welcome to Saint Augustine Catholic Church.
Do you want to join our Church community or need to know more about our Church, please, give us a call at 501-375-9617
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org